These Body Balms are your dry skin prescription
If you are here reading this, you must be looking for a quick solution to quench your thirsty, dry skin. As the cold weather is upon us, our skin is suffering from the cold air outside, as well as the lack of humidity inside from indoor heating, resulting in parched skin. During the winter, to protect your skin from excessive dryness we suggest using a mild body cleanser, something free of harsh chemicals that dry the skin out further, and always shower with warm water that is not too hot! Once you pop out of the shower (or bath), it's time to envelope skin with our rich body balms from your hands to your toes:
Tropical Nuts Melting Body Balm from cinq mondes
If we can describe this body balm in one word it would be ‘addictive’. From its intoxicating natural aroma, to its silky-smooth texture it will make you melt- over and over again! Its rich formula starts off solid with a base of Tamanu Nut, Coconut and Kemiri Nut oils, and begins to melt as you warm it between the hands. As you apply it to your body, skin is immediately, deeply nourished and regains its silky and radiant appearance.
- Tamanu Nut: from the "sacred tree" it is restoring and nurturing for dry, damaged skin
- Coconut Oil: incredible healing and protective for skin
- Kemiri Oil: from the Pacific Islands, is rich in Vitamin A, C and E, plus essential fatty acids. Excellent for chapped skin
Tree of Life Multi-Purpose Balm from elemental herbology
With a plethora of healing, natural oils, this balm can be applied anywhere to hydrate, soothe and repair the skin. It gets its name from the high content of Buriti Oil, which comes from the Amazonian Moriche Palm- or “tree of life”- because of its importance in the Amazonian diet. For skin, it is incredibly high in beta-carotene, essential fatty acids and Vitamins A, C and E. The result? Incredibly anti-inflammatory for a wide array of skin conditions from rashes, redness, skin sensitivity, dryness, etc. Massage into areas of concern such as: to help prevent and reduce the appearance of stretch marks, aid wind-damaged skin, soothe irritated skin, dry lips and hands, etc. The possibilities are endless!
- Argan Oil: improves the skin’s moisture levels and the skin’s elasticity.
- Rosehip: rich in essential fatty acids to repair skin
- Calendula: soothes inflammation and redness.
- Macadamia & Sweet Almond: help to restore the skin's barrier function and reduce water loss.
Sublime Body Balm from cinq mondes
We love this body balm for many reasons, here’s just two: it is certified organic and it’s super-rehydrating for very dry or irritated skin. Its inspiration comes from a traditional Polynesian recipe and encompasses Noni Extract and Monoï de Tahiti Oil, both a part of daily island life- think intense rehydration after being out in the tropical sun all day. As a bonus, it contains a hint of Mother of Pearl to leave behind a delicate shimmer on the skin.
- Noni Extract: considered a secret of health in traditional Polynesian culture, it is rich in minerals, vitamins and antioxidants to protect and nourish the skin.
- Monoï de Tahiti Oil: obtained by steeping Tiare flowers in Coconut Oil, it moisturizes, nourishes and repairs skin and hair.
- Coconut Oil: rich in essential fatty acid, it is incredibly hydrating and nourishing.
- Shea Butter: rich, emollient and nourishing to treat an array of skin conditions and deeply nourish.